Thursday, August 14, 2008

Meathead Males

Caution: Sweeping generalisation below!!!

While i was thinking about my former days as a discipling group leader, i reminisced about just how crap of a leader a was when i started out.

I began leading my kids when i was in year 10 and, truth be told, i was a total passenger for the first few years. In short, i was a meathead male leader.

As fun as it was, i just stumbled my way through leading mediocre bible studies, choc full of ill discipline and muddled thought.

It may just have been me, but i suspect it's not, but guys in leaderships don't hit their straps until they finish school. Call it maturity. Chalk it up to life experience. Whatever it is, waiting for a guy to come good in leadership is time well spent none the less...

As a (hopefully) former meathead, I'll conclude my generalisation here. You can go back to real life now.

No comments: