Monday, December 29, 2008

The induction baptism???

Another thing can now blog about, because time has passed, is a process i would have needed to go though to work at a church i interviewed with. They required me to be full immersion baptised to be a member of the church.

Would i have done it? Sure. But, i would have been known as the loser with no friends who is a orphan. Why? Because i wouldn't have invited any of my friends nor family.

Why should they come for a ritual which would have held minimal spiritual value in my mind?

To be a member of the church i would have done it. I would have done it to identify with the community of faith i would been joining and a public affirmation of my faith. These are all good things...

But a second baptism? I'm not so sure.

Through looking at their beliefs my position on full immersion, believer baptism was focused, but not to the extent that my history need to be rewritten. I'm also think that the Bible would be in my trench...

No comments: