Monday, April 20, 2009

Decent signs

I know I've written about crappy church signs before, but today i actually saw one that i thought was particularly good.

The sign said "WHERE IS JESUS NOW AND WHAT IS HE DOING IN THE WORLD"

Sure, the sign wasn't funny, but it still liked it. And true, the sign didn't make some witty remark about culture or the news, and yet i liked.

Why? Because it got my interest. I would want to hear the sermon that matched this title. As a believer, it didn't drive me away, unlike many other church signs.

More so, if i wasn't a Christian, i would be interested. After Easter i imagine a heap of people would be interested in the answer to this question. You say Jesus is alive... now what?

But, it was only a sermon title. And it made me think, if the title of your sermon wouldn't interest people enough to turn up, is it worth giving in the first place?

No comments: