Saturday, December 18, 2010

The speech

Today was a bad day. Actually, I'm really, really, ready for this year to be over...

I need "the speech."

I few weeks ago i submitted a guest post about the youth ministry speech.

The idea comes from the TV show "The Practice."

Every so often one of the attorneys would need "the speech" to remind them that they should persevere. No matter if they are a prosecutor and are staring injustice in the face, or on the defensive side of the judicial system and troubled by an ethical dilemma, they eventually ask to hear "the speech." A good example would be this scene... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6RPz-zqv9w (for some reason the embed function has been disabled).

Today i need "the speech."


The speech that says that God is good. The speech that God is fair. The speech that God is still worth following.

Today my wife and I lost our unborn baby.
A week before we were going to announce the pregnancy to everyone at Christmas.
On the day that our first miscarried baby would have been due.

Right now, i need "the speech."

PS... I'm going to stop blogging for the rest of the year. I need to get some head space and spend more time with my wife.

1 comment:

Alison said...

So sorry to hear your news Graham. Praying for you and your wife. Since I read your post, I've been thinking of Psalm 57:1 which I held on to (and still do!) when things were particularly difficult after my marriage ended. Only just found the Amplified version, thought it might encourage you both.

'BE MERCIFUL and gracious to me, O God, be merciful and gracious to me, for my soul takes refuge and finds shelter and confidence in You; yes, in the shadow of Your wings will I take refuge and be confident until calamities and destructive storms are passed.'

He's hiding you both under the shadow of His wings, rest in Him, tears, questions and all.