Thursday, May 5, 2011

Rooting yourself

Yesterday was a cliffhanger. If you couldn't sleep last night, waiting anxiously for the answer, then you should probably get out more.

But my conundrum about getting business cards is a part of a larger question.

How do I show the people that I'm serving here that I'm planning to stick around?

Business cards would be only one small way.
As is putting my details on 1000 promotional cards.
As is making connections in the local schools and community groups.
As is inviting people to partner with you.
As is casting a fresh vision.
As is being a part of the long term planning for the church.

Why is is important? Because planting roots communicates that you can be trusted. It shows that you're not planning to go anywhere.

From the start of my ministry, I've always said that longevity is important, both for those in the ministry and the person at the forefront.

The annoying thing? I've never been in a ministry position longer than 28 months...

1 comment:

nikiwobble said...

28 months is a pretty long time.....just saying