Sunday, December 18, 2011

2012 Reading plan

For years I had a fairly structured bible reading plan.

Each fortnight I would focus on reading one book and make notes from what I learnt through study aids, sermons and other miscellaneous thoughts that popped into my head. As a result, I now have a dozen notebooks that I can refer to when doing sermon prep.

But this system started to get old around the start of the year and in 2012 I'm doing something new.

The system is not a brain-child of mine, I stumbled over it on a blog which I now cannot track down, and takes you through the entire bible in one year.

On Mondays you read 4 chapters of the Pentateuch (the first five books of the bible).
On Tuesdays you read 5 chapters of History (Joshua through to Esther).
On Wednesdays you read 5 chapters of Wisdom (Job through to Song of Songs)
On Thursdays you read 5 chapters of the Old Testament Prophets.
On Fridays you read 3 chapters of the Gospels.
On Saturday you read 3 chapters of the Epistles.
Finally, on Sunday, you have a day off, since you'll be hearing from the bible at church!

No comments: