Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Eulogising 101

Working at numerous churches, I've been to my fair share of funerals.
Some were for people I know.
Some were to show support for others.
Some were to be the random techie guy up the back.

With this being the case, I've heard plenty of eulogies.
Some great. The majority good. Others... not so good.

But I've only, personally, given one eulogy in my life.

When thinking about the words that are shared about someone at their funeral, I think there are three things which make up a solid eulogy.

What your fondest memory was with that person...
What words/character traits you associate with that person and why...
What lesson you've learnt about life from that person that you'll cherish going forward...

If you nail these three points, you'll have done a good job at eulogising.

No comments: